WP 1 df
Inventarisation database and spreadsheet formats
Answers to the following questions:
- Which formats of databases and spreadsheets do actually occur in datasets to be archived by DANS and others?
- What requirements have future users of the MIXED software?
- Can we use existing interchange formats such as Office OpenXML and ODF?
- Can we put SPSS in scope?
- In which scenarios must the MIXED software do its work?
- a bank of knowledge containing
- backgrounds on methods of ensuring preservation in archives
- survey of target audience of MIXED (data projects inside and outside DANS)
- overview of sciences that DANS supports
- an evaluation of OpenXML and ODF
- an inventarisation of database/spreadsheet formats
- specifications of the scenarios of MIXED
- an initial list of data formats to be supported by MIXED; this corresponds to the list of modules we have to develop in the design and realisation stage
Submitted by dirk on Mon, 2007-02-12 14:15.